10 ways to burn more calories and increase your fitness levels
- Dunn et al. Comparison of Lifestyle and Structured Interventions to Increase Physical Activity and Cardio respiratory Fitness. A Randomized Trial. JAMA. 1999;
- Wiley – Blackwell (2010, March 12). High-intensity interval training is time-efficient and effective, study suggests. ScienceDaily.
How to get enough fruit and vegetables in your diet
- http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/MyPlate.htm -United States Department of Agriculture : 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
Can dietary supplements prevent common colds?
- Barret et al. Placebo effects and the common cold: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Fam Med 2011.
- Singh et al. Zinc for the common Cold. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2011.
- Lissiman et al. Garlic for the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2012.
- Linde K et al. Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2009.
- Seida et al. North American (Panax quinquefolius) and Asian Ginseng (Panax ginseng) Preparations for Prevention of the Common Cold in Healthy Adults: A Systematic Review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011.
How to eat gluten free (if you really need to)
- Celiac Organization – http://www.celiac.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=21
- Gaesser et a. Gluten-Free Diet: Imprudent Dietary Advice for the General Population? Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012 – A.D.A.M Medical Encyclopedia. Celiac Disease. Last reviewed January 2010.
How to lose weight healthily after pregnancy
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. What is the relationship between breastfeeding and maternal weight change? (DGAC 2010)
Is the Paleo diet healthy?
- Should we eat like our caveman ancestors? Lauren Inoccenzi
- US News Best Diet Reviews
- Rebuttal to U.S. News and World Top 20 Diets
- Loren Cordain, Ph.D., Maelán Fontes Villalba and Pedro Carrera Bastos
- Department of Health and Exercise Science. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, US
Is eating fruit before bed bad?
- Oregon Health & Science University (2006, February 2). Scientists Dispel Late-Night Eating/Weight Gain Myth. ScienceDaily.
Why you eat when you are not hungry and what to do about it
- Wansink B.et al. Environmental factors that increase the food intake and consumption volume of unknowing consumers. Annu Rev Nutr. 2004;24:455-79. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15189128
- Harris et al. Priming Effects of Television Food Advertising on Eating Behavior. Health Psychology © 2009 American Psychological Association ,Vol. 28, No. 4, 404 – 413
- McFerran et al. Might an overweight waitress make you eat more? How the body type of others is sufficient to alter our food consumption. Journal of Consumer Psychology vol.20.
It’s your duty to protect your children from obesity and here is how
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention-Childhood Overweight and Obesity – http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/
A few simple food swaps to increase your whole grain intake today
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center .Health Benefits Of Whole Grains Confirmed. ScienceDaily. 2007
- Slavin et al. Whole Grain and Human Health- An Overview. Nutrition Research Reviews 2004.
- American Society for Nutrition. Putting the Whole Grain Puzzle Together: Health Benefits Associated with Whole Grains. The Journal Of Nutrition 2011.