Breakfast mistakes that can cause weight gain
- USDA Breakfast Consumption, Body Weight, and
- Nutrient Intake: A Review of the Evidence
Should you be drinking water while exercising?
- Convertino et al. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and fluid replacement.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996
Lose more weight by tracking your food
- Kong et al. Self-Monitoring and Eating-Related Behaviors Are Associated with 12-Month Weight Loss in Postmenopausal Overweight-to-Obese Women. Academy of Nutr and Diet 2012.
- Kaiser Permanente (2008, July 8). Keeping A Food Diary Doubles Diet Weight Loss, Study Suggests. ScienceDaily. Retrieved April 24,
Exercising with type 2 diabetes
- The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Diabetes Association: joint position statement. Exercise and Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2010.
Should you avoid high fructose corn syrup?
- Bray et al. Consumption of high-fructose corn syrup in beverages may play a role in the epidemic of obesity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004.
- Forshee et al. A critical examination of the evidence relating high fructose corn syrup and weight gain. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2007
- Duffey et al. High-fructose corn syrup: is this what’s for dinner? Am J Clin Nutr. 2008
- White JS, Straight talk about high-fructose corn syrup: what it is and what it ain’t. Am J Clin Nutr 2008.
- American Medical Association. Report 3 of the Council on Science and Public Health. The health effects of high fructose syrup.2009.
- American Medical Association. AMA finds high fructose syrup unlikely to be more harmful to health than other calorie sweeteners. American Medical Association Press Release.2008.
Is Stevia healthy?
Everything you need to know about food preservatives
- Centre for Science in the Public Interest: Chemical Cuisine
- US Food and Drug Administration
Is the sugar in fruit unhealthy?
- Comza et al.Effect of Fructose on Glycemic Control in Diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled feeding trials. Diabetes Care, 2012;
- Pollock et al. Greater Fructose Consumption Is Associated with Cardiometabolic Risk Markers and Visceral Adiposity in Adolescents. Journal of Nutrition, 2011;
Are there any side effects from protein powders?
- Barzel et al. Excess Dietary Protein Can Adversely Affect Bone .Journal of Nutrition 1998
- JAMA and Archives Journals (2010, February 18). Reduced kidney function, high levels of protein in urine associated with adverse outcomes. ScienceDaily.
Is the mediterranean diet healthy?
- Adherence to Mediterranean diet and health status: meta-analysis BMJ 2008
- Serra-Majem et al. Scientific evidence of interventions using the Mediterranean diet: a systematic review. Nutr Rev. 2006
- Kastorini CM, Milionis HJ, Esposito K, et al. The effect of Mediterranean diet on metabolic syndrome and its components. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011; 57:1299-313
- Estruch et al. Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease with a Mediterranean Diet. New Engl Journal of Medicine. 2013
How Many Meals a Day Should You Eat to Lose Weight?
- Choi K, Kim Y. Molecular Mechanism of Insulin Resistance on Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes. 2010.
- Guagnono et al. Risk factors for hypertension in obese women. The role of weight cycling. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2000.
- Intermountain Healthcare (2011) New Research Finds Routine Periodic Fasting is Good for Your Health, and Your Heart. http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/news/Pages/home.aspx?NewsID=713
- Jenkins et al. Nibbling versus gorging: metabolic advantages of increased meal frequency. New England Journal of Medicine. 1989.
- Varady et al. Short-term modified alternate-day fasting: a novel dietary strategy for weight loss and cardioprotection in obese adults. 2009.
10 health benefits of brown rice
- Panlasqui et al Blood Glucose Lowering effects of brown rice in normal and diabetic subjects. Int. J Food Sci Nutr. 2006
- Tsai et al. Long-Term Intake of Dietary Fiber and Decreased Risk of Cholecystectomy in Women. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2004.
- Hudson et al. Characterization of potentially chemopreventive phenols in extracts of brown rice that inhibit the growth of human breast and colon cancer cells. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000.
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (2010, April 27). Brown rice and cardiovascular protection
- American Heart Association (2012, September 18). Sesame and rice bran oil lowers blood pressure, improves cholesterol. ScienceDaily.
Is coconut oil healthy? The real truth
- Position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada: Dietary Fatty AcidsJ Am Diet Assoc. 2007;107: 1599-1611. POSITION STATEMENT.
- Assuncao et al. Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of wmen presenting with abdominal obesity. Lipids. 2009
- Pennutrition: Cardiovascular Disease-Dyslipidemia
Foods You Thought Were Unhealthy, But Really Aren’t!
- American Chemical Society (ACS) (2012, March 25). Popcorn: The snack with even higher antioxidants levels than fruits and vegetables
- Health Risks and Benefits of Alcohol Consumption Alcohol Research and Health
Does beer cause weight gain?
- Calories Consumed From Alcoholic Beverages by U.S. Adults 2007-2010. NCHS Data Brief, November 2012, CDC.
- Wannamethee et al. Alcohol, body weight and weight gain in middle-aged men. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2003.
What to eat to lower your cholesterol?
- Law. Plant sterol and stanol margarines and health. West J Med 2000.
- American Heart Foundation.
What is the Intermittent Fasting Diet and does it help with Weight Loss?
- Kroeger et al. Improvement in coronary heart disease risk factors during an intermittent fasting/calorie restriction regimen: Relationship to adipokine modulations Nutrition & Metabolism 2012, 9:98
- Halagappa et al. Intermittent fasting and caloric restriction ameliorate age-relatedbehavioral deficits in the triple-transgenic mouse model ofAlzheimer’s disease. Neurobiology of Disease 26 (2007)
- Varady et al. Alternate-day fasting and chronic disease prevention: a review of human and animal trials. Am J Clin Nutr July 2007.
Do vitamins increase appetite?
- Magoulas. How color affects food choices. University of Nevada, Las Vegas 2009
- Appraisal of the Use of Vitamins B1 and B12 as Supplements Promoted for the Stimulation of Growth and Appetite in Children. Committee on Nutrition. Paediatrics. 1958
- Schultz et al. THE EFFECT OF VARIED VITAMIN B INGESTION UPON THE APPETITE OF CHILDEN. Nutr. May 1, 1938 vol. 15 no. 5 411-427
10 Simple ways to eat well and stay healthy
- American Guidelines for Physical Activity http://www.health.gov/paguidelines/adultguide/part1.aspx
Are bananas good for a weight loss diet?
Should you do cardio or weights first at the gym?
- Drummond et al. Aerobic and resistance exercise sequence affects excess post-exercise oxygen consumption. J Strength Cond Res, 2005.
- Palmer et al. Running economy is impaired following a single bout of resistance exercise. J Sci Med Sport 2001.
Is canned fruit healthy?
- Rickman et al. Nutrition comparison of fresh, frozen and canned fruits and vegetables. Part 1. Vitamins C and B and phenolic compounds. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2007
- Rickman et al. Review. Nutritional comparison of fresh, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables II. Vitamin A and carotenoids, vitamin E, minerals and ﬁber . Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 2007.
What is the Juice Diet and is it Effective for Weight Loss?
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Food and nutrition misinformation. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2006
- Juicing. American Cancer Society.
Top 10 most addictive food
- Cocores et al The Salted Food Addiction Hypothesis may explain overeating and the obesity epidemic. Medical Hypotheses 2009.
- Avena et al. Sugar and Fat Bingeing Have Notable Differences in Addictive-like Behvaiour. The Journal of Nutrition.
- Bruinsma et al. Chocolate: Food or Drug? J Am Diet Assoc. 1999.
- Gearhardt et al. Preliminary validation of the Yale Food Addiction Scale, Appetite 2009.
- Avena et al Food and Addiction- Sugars, Fats and Hedonic Overeating. Addiction, 2011.
10 exercises never to do at the gym
- Centre For Physical Activity in Aging. http://www.cpaa.sa.gov.au/benefits_exercise/avoid.html
- American Council on Exercise. Best and Worst Ab Exercises. http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/BestWorstAbExercises.pdf
10+1 reasons to eat apples daily
- Hyson, D. 2011. A Comprehensive Review of Apples and Apple Components and Their Relationship to Human Health
10 benefits of strength training for women
- Williams et al. Cardiology and Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Update : A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association Council on Clinical
- Resistance Exercise in Individuals With and Without Cardiovascular Disease: 2007
- American College of Physicians (2007, September 18). Both Aerobic And Resistance Exercise Improved Blood Sugar Control In People With Diabetes. ScienceDaily. Retrieved January 11, 2013, from
- Eric B. Rimm. A Prospective Study of Weight Training and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in MenWeight Training and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Archives of Internal Medicine, 2012
- Flack et al. Aging, Resistance Training, and Diabetes Prevention. J Aging Res, 2011.
- Exercise for preventing and treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Cochrane Review. http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD000333/exercise-for-preventing-and-treating-osteoporosis-in-postmenopausal-women
10 most common nutrition myths
Are eggs good for you?
- Vandel Wal et al. Egg breakfast enhances weight loss. Int J Obes. 2008
- Vander Wal et al. Short-term effect of eggs on satiety in overweight and obese subjects. J Am Coll Nutr. 2005
How to drink more water
10 Healthy Post Workout Snacks
- Burke et al. Carbohydrates and fat for Training and Recovery. Journal of Sports Sciences 2004.
Pages: 1 2 3